9th Annual Oxford Bone Infection Conference (OBIC)
The underlying principle of OBIC is multi-disciplinary working. We invite all grades of orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, plastic surgeons, infection specialists, nursing and therapy staff and researchers to attend.
Internationally renowned speakers will deliver state-of-the-art talks, including the prestigious Cierny-Mader lecture which is invited each year to honour ‘excellence and innovation in the multidisciplinary management of bone and joint infection’. To view the programme click here
The programme will include lectures, workshops and interactive sessions including:
- Do’s and don’ts - An (evidence based) approach to… Diagnosis of bone and joint infection / Surgical management of prosthetic joint infection / Wound closure
- Something understood: Biofilm / Local antibiotics / Biomaterials and bugs
- How I treat long bone infection
- Rehabilitation – managing expectations
- Engaging the research agenda
- Trials and big data
- Making the most of what we know: Why bother with a BIU? / How are we GIRFTING? / Update on diagnostic criteria and standards
- New horizons: Bacterial metabolism and nanobubbles / Update on bacteriophages / Direct from tissue diagnostics
Call for abstracts:
We need you to share your ideas, research and clinical findings with your peers either as a selected oral presentation or selected poster. These can be any projects related to the field of bone and joint infection whether lab based or clinical. For further information please click here.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is Monday 10th February 2020 (12 noon) with notification of selection by Monday 17th February 2020.
To register please click here: https://hartleytaylor.co.uk/OBI1/