BIA has recently had significant involvement in the production of the following Guidelines:
BIA is a respondent to all infection related consultations conducted by NICE. We also supply experts to sit on relevant Committees associated with such guidelines.
- Seronegative arthritides
- Drug allergies
- Antibiotics in neonatal infections (Quality Standard)
- Hepatitis B
- Urinary tract infection in children Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis
- Standardised Microbiology Investigations and Syndromic Algorithms (various consultations for SMI Working Groups)
- EPIC 3
Guidelines Currently In Preparation
- Bone & Joint Infections Guidelines (Infection Prevention & Control)
- Toxigenic Staphylococcal Infections
- DH MRSA Screening Policy
- Norovirus Guidelines due for review in 2016
BIA has also met with BSAC, HIS and IPS and agreed to work together on NICE accredited revised MRSA guidelines with a view to establishing a permanent NICE accredited guidelines production system.