Journal of Infection
- The journal of the British Infection Association.
Keep Up to Date with the Journal of Infection!
Sign up to keep track of when a new issue of the Journal of Infection(JOI) becomes available and keep up to date on all aspects of infection – clinical, microbiological and epidemiological.
Content Alerts sends you an email whenever a new issue becomes available with links from the table of contents (E-TOC) directly to the full-text articles at www.journalofinfection.com
Saving you time, and giving you instant access to the latest literature in your field.
Everyone can set up a Content Alert for JOI even if you are not a subscriber to the journal. Please note that if you are not currently a subscriber, you will still be able to view article abstracts and selected content for free.
- Contains the latest information on vaccines and vaccination procedures for vaccine preventable infectious diseases in the UK.
IDWeek 2018 - Cases from the Fellows' Day Workshop
Partners ID Images has partnered with IDWeek to present cases from the Fellows' Day Workshop on their website.
Resources to diagnose, manage and prevent UTIs in out of hospital settings
Health Education England has commissioned an educational film, in collaboration with Public Health England's Primary Care Unit on the treatment of UTIs in older adults for all out of hospital health and social care workers, introducing resources that can be used to diagnose, manage and prevent UTIs in out of hospital settings.
It supports staff to effectively treat older adults with UTI's, supporting existing Public Health England tools – TARGET UTI leaflet and UTI diagnostics tool and compliments the other short films that we have supported in a collaboration with PHE Primary Care Unit and TARGET Toolkit. It also promotes 'To Dip or Not to Dip' that aims to improve the management of urinary tract infections in older people in nursing home care.
The film, and additional resources, can be found on the e-Learning for Healthcare website
There is also a recently launched HEE film available on antimicrobial stewardship for GPs.
National electronic Library of Infection (NeLI) and Training in Infection (TII)
- Although no longer funded by PHE and NHS, NeLI continues as an online library service, providing information on the investigation, including standard operating procedures for laboratories, treatment, prevention and control of infectious diseases, though there may be delays in adding new evidence due to current funding arrangements. There is an extensive list of topics covered, divided according to organisms, diseases and systems affected. Unlike other websites, they classify resources according to level of evidence and provide reviews by professional in the field.
Part of the NeLI family, Training In Infection (TII) – still available though no longer funded - accessible via NeLI, provides useful links for trainees on specialist journals, conferences, courses and textbooks.
DPDx – A Branch of the US CDC
- This website, developed and maintained by the US CDC’s Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria (DPDM), provides an easily accessible information on parasites, their life-cycles, and the diseases they cause as well as extensive image library and guidance on diagnostic procedures.
Supported by Schering-Plough, Enzon and Merck, the doctorfungus website gives extensive information about fungal infections and mycololgy in general. Originating from the US and owned by the Doctor Fungus Corporation, it provides a broad range of mycology-related images and content instantly available via the web. Certainly the most useful website for referenced information on fungal infections, laboratory susceptibility testing and antifungals. Also provides image and lecture banks and question-and-answer page.
All the Virology on the WWW
- Collection of all the virology-related websites that may be of interest to virologists and others interested in virology. Sections on specific virus sites, AIDS & HIV, emerging viruses, plant viruses, as well as online courses and tutorials.
Podcasts in Microbiology, Virology and Parasitology
Microbeworld has a host of multimedia content (audio and video) available about the science of microbiology and several of its disciplines. Useful archive section.
PHE HCV Resistance Group information on the use of hepatitis C virus resistance testing in clinical practice.
- Antiviral resistance testing in the management of hepatitis C virus infection
This working document, written by Public Health England's (PHE) Hepatitis C Virus Resistance Group, aims to support clinicians treating people with HCV, where the issue of resistance may be a factor in clinical decision-making.