BIA Expenses Policy
- Claims should be made within 2 months of the date of the event.
- Claims must be reasonable, as economical as possible, and supported by receipts.
- The following have been agreed as suitable for BIA expense claims:
BIA meeting attendance: travel to and from face to face meetings, and one night’s accommodation (max £175). Travel should be as economical as possible and preferably booked in advance to obtain the best rates. Advance first class tickets for journeys longer than 2 hours may be reimbursed if they are cheaper than a standard economy ticket bought at the same time/day of travel.
Meetings include: Council Meetings, Clinical Services Meetings, and other meetings where BIA representation is required.
- Chairs and speakers for BIA conferences: complementary conference registration.
- Other: at the discretion of Council with prior agreement.