- Guidance and quality standards, including healthcare associated infections and infection prevention and control.
Medical News Today
- The largest independent health and medical news site, updated daily, sourcing information from leading medical journals.
- The Medical Foundation for HIV and Sexual Health is an independent charity dedicated to improving the quality of HIV and sexual healthcare. Has publications and resource packs available for download.
Top Ten Tips Series
- Set up by the RCP in 2007 as a response to the rise in healthcare associated infection, the Healthcare Associated Infections Working Group has produced a series of tips available for download, including Top Ten Tips on C. difficile, Norovirus and effective antibiotic prescribing.
European Antibiotic Awareness Day
- Organised by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control network and supported by PHE and the devolved administrations, this annual European public health initiative takes place on 18 November to raise awareness about the threat to public health of antibiotic resistance and prudent antibiotic use. Resources include infographics, campaign materials, and data and reports.
Click for website
Become an Antibiotic Guardian and encourage others to do so - click for PHE Antibiotic Guardian website
Click for PHE Keep Antibiotics Working National Campaign resources
Click for WHO Antibiotics Awareness Week webpage
PHE also has resources including guidance, correspondence and promotional material, available at www.gov.uk/government/collections/european-antibiotic-awareness-day-resources.
HEE antimicrobial resistance (AMR) training resources guide
The purpose of this guide is to promote available learning on the management of infective states, infection prevention and control, antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial stewardship by:
1. Signposting educational materials available to health workers and students.
2. Providing a centralised resource portal to educators on supporting learners.
3. Supporting commissioning, regulatory and quality improvement teams (including infection prevention and control and antimicrobial management teams) by highlighting available educational resources to improve practice.
4. Encouraging learners to access available learning sessions to support their learning needs.
5. Highlighting learning sessions that can be embedded within clinical training pathways.